Friday, January 23, 2009

More Blessings and Promptings from the Sprit

Our visiting teaching message for this month is "Stand Strong and Immovable in Faith". Juile B. Beck give a list of 8 things we should be doing to achieve this goal. I want to share with you how goal #4 saved my life! #4 states "Qaulify for, recongnize and follow the Holy Ghost" You all know about the accident from my last post. We had been driving the car alot to Walla Walla, Washington for doctor's appointments etc.... Well, the last couple days I've been thinking that I should get the car looked at even through it still drives straight down the road when my hands are off the wheel. So yesterday I took the car in. They had a mechanic, so I made appointment for this morning at 8 a.m. Now, anyone who really knows me would be surprised at this because, heaven knows, there has got to be a very good reson for me to be out the door dressed and somewhere by 8 a.m. Thankfully, I listened to the promptings of the Holy Ghost. The mechanic came out and said "You ain't goin' no where in that vehicle, the bearings are cracked" I was so shocked. I believed he said "bearings" He was surprised that the wheel hadn't fallen off yet. Then he stated: "You must pray alot!" I replied, "As a matter of fact, I do!" When they took the left wheel off there was nothing holding it on. The bearings where not just cracked, they broken into small pieces. Still shaking their heads, they said that it was a miracle! All I can say is, that I'm sure glad I listened to the Spirit, because I would never have made it to Jessica's alive. Well, at least from what they had said. Now, I feel more comfortable driving to Jessica's (Salem) by myself. I'm still a little nervous though. I've asked Kenn to give me a blessing before I go. So now, all I have to do is wait for the baby to come. Yea!

2 comments:

  1. WOW! that's amazing mom. Good, I'm glad that I haven't gone into labor yet. It's amazing when Heavenly Father blesses us. He must love us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy Cow Mom!!! That's amazing...what a great example you are!! I wish I could ride up there to see Jessy...well do drive safely, we'll be praying for you!!! Sure Love ya!

    ReplyDelete